Did you know that your Internet Explorer is out of date?To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend that you upgrade to a newer version or download another web browser.
A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below. Just click on the icons to get to the download page.
Your browser will need to close to complete the installation and you will need to manually reload the site when finished
Organisational Structure Biotechnology Sector
Depending on the size and complexity of the Biotech company, there can be a mixture of the following Departments
- Validation -Validates process, and equipment so that they are functional and in-line with business and regulatory requirements.
- Research & Development (R&D):takes various forms, researching ideal formulations of drugs, researches improved analytical techniques or changes processes to optimise yield of product.
- Process / Production -ensuring the Biotech process runs as it should, handling deviations and constantly monitoring conditions to ensure optimum yield of the product. Involved in all stages from upstream to downstream processing and purification.
- Regulatory Affairs- management of the preparation and submission of regulatory documentation to the relevant government regulatory bodies - IMB, FDA etc. Maintenance of existing molecule applications and dossiers.
- Quality Assurance(QA)- responsible for the development and management of quality systems within the department . The Qualified Person signs off on the batch (if it's a finished product facility), all associated documentation must be prepared by the QA Dept.
- Quality Control(QC)- check incoming, in process and outgoing product quality using analytical techniques in the laboratory. Produce documentation for QA to support the batch release.
- Supporting Functions- depending on the company and their level of involvement in Ireland, other functions can range from HR to Supply Chain, Technical Services, Finance and Biotechnology. These supporting areas have been subject to a recent upturn recently, as companies are looking to consolidate and re-organise their business in various ways.
Process Engineer Research Scientist Dublin North Equipment Engineer Quality Assurance Formulation Scientist Analytical Chemist Chemist Formulation Chemist Project Manager Principal Scientist Quality Manager Microbiology Project Lead Senior Scientist Sales Executive Dublin South Contract QA Manager Biotechnology Engineering Research and Development Scientist BD Manager Pharmaceutical Automation Engineer Senior Research and Development Scientist QC Analyst Sales Specialist Clinical Research Engineering IT Analyst New Product Development Engineer Life Science PhD QA Supervisor Technical Project Manager QA Engineer Regulatory Affairs Marketing Executive Hospital Sales Rep R & D Technician Biopharmaceutical Research and Development Process Development Engineer Supply Chain Supply Chain Product Manager Principal Research Scientist Offaly Validation Scientist Medical Affairs Qualified Person Life Science Dublin Medical Advisor Manufacturing Coordinator Limerick Kildare QA Executive Validation Coordinator QA Analyst Chemistry EHS Specialist Contract EHS Engineer Analytical Group Leader Manufacturing Executive Biotechnologist Supply Chain Manager Dublin West Sligo Galway Validation Specialist NPD Technologist Scientific Cork Project Engineer Validation Engineer Production Supervisor Medical Device Food Scientist QA Specialist