Did you know that your Internet Explorer is out of date?To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend that you upgrade to a newer version or download another web browser.
A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below. Just click on the icons to get to the download page.
Your browser will need to close to complete the installation and you will need to manually reload the site when finished
Other similar job titles you may be intertested in include:
There are no Open Vacancies that Match your Search
Please view a sample career profile in the box below
or click here to browse all open vacancies
Downstream Process Career Profile
Downstream Processing EngineerDownstream processing the isolation and purification of the biotech product, which has been producted in the fermentation (upstream stage). As the desired product is usually secreted into the medium, the first step is normally filtration or centrifugation. Liquid chromatography and / or membrane filtration is then used to separate the desired protein product from the other proteins present in the mixture, in order to concentrate the desired biopharmaceutical product.
Key Responsibilities of the Downstream Processing Engineer
- Participate in facility and process design of a multi-product biopharmaceutical manufacturing platform.
- Play a role in commissioning and start-up of the biotech facility.
- Play a role in developing and predicting processing strategies and throughputs for the various products for the site biotech business.
- Provide day-to-day bioprocess engineering support to downstream manufacturing operations.
- Initiate facility and equipment upgrades to improve plant productivity and throughput.
Facilitate the introduction of new products with associated new equipment and ensure the bioprocessing at the site stays current with emerging processing and equipment trends.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- A degree-level or higher qualification in Biochemical/Chemical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Knowledge of the downstream biopharmaceutical unit operations involved with bioreactor design and control, Sterilisation in Place (SIP) / Cleaning in Place (CIP), filtration etc.
- Experience in either design or commissioning of a mammalian cell-based biopharmaceutical manufacturing plant.
Operations experience in purification or related bioprocess manufacturing experience in an established biotech production operation.
R & D Technician Life Science QC Analyst QA Executive Production Supervisor Project Manager Validation Coordinator Research and Development Chemist Formulation Scientist Validation Scientist Biopharmaceutical Biotechnologist IT Analyst Process Engineer Formulation Chemist Clinical Research Engineering Project Lead BD Manager Hospital Sales Rep Technical Project Manager Contract Food Scientist Marketing Executive Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Medical Advisor Biotechnology Product Manager Dublin South Qualified Person Quality Assurance Supply Chain EHS Engineer Life Science Supply Chain Manager Kildare Regulatory Affairs Senior Scientist QA Supervisor Manufacturing Coordinator Galway New Product Development Engineer Microbiology Dublin West Cork Engineering Principal Scientist Quality Manager Scientific Sligo Medical Device Analytical Chemist Sales Specialist Offaly Contract QA Manager Senior Research and Development Scientist Analytical Group Leader Validation Engineer NPD Technologist PhD Sales Executive QA Specialist Project Engineer Dublin North Research Scientist Chemistry QA Engineer QA Analyst Manufacturing Executive Principal Research Scientist Limerick Equipment Engineer Dublin Validation Specialist Research and Development Scientist Medical Affairs Automation Engineer EHS Specialist Process Development Engineer