Did you know that your Internet Explorer is out of date?To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend that you upgrade to a newer version or download another web browser.
A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below. Just click on the icons to get to the download page.
Your browser will need to close to complete the installation and you will need to manually reload the site when finished
R&D Technologist (Sauces)
|Job Type:||Permanent||Salary:||Not Disclosed|
Our client is a leader in the Food Sector. They are seeking an R&D Food technologist for their Wet culinary team. A minimum of 2 years’ previous experience in the development of sauces & pastes is required.
• The role is for an R&D Technologist and involves the design, development and scale up of Sauces, Pastes & Portions
• The ideal candidate should have excellent technical, organisational, numerical, project management and interpersonal skills.
• Dynamic, self-driven and capable of working on your own initiative is a key attribute for this role
• Ability to function as part of a multi-disciplinary team (sales, business development, marketing, operations, supply chain, quality, regulatory, sensory and customers) is important.
• Responsible for product development from initiation to launch of wet sauce opportunities, ensuring final product is fit for purpose and meets agreed timelines.
• Ensures that good laboratory practices and lab protocols are being met. Ensures record documentation and methodology are completed and kept in appropriate databases.
• Maintains R&D lab/storage areas to high-level and promotes good practices to all who use the same facility- including upkeep of equipment, stocking of supplies with appropriate traceability, and general cleaning of work areas. Actively participates and drives quality improvement for the function.
• Facilitate handover of product, attend factory trial and any productions necessary to handover product to factory.
• Attend, participate and run when necessary weekly team meetings to track and ensure we are meeting our project goals and timelines.
• Hold or participate in product taste testing and evaluation sessions as part of the R&D team.
• Assist other members of the team with laboratory/Trial work as directed by the R&D Manager
• Liaise with Site technical to ensure development fits site capabilities ensuring smooth transition from lab to factory.
• Ensure that all activities are correctly logged into the time tracking system.
• Qualification in a scientific/food technology discipline- minimum degree level
• Min. 2-3 years’ experience in Food Industry in similar role with exposure to development and scale up of Sauces and Pastes
• Culinary skills an advantage
• Excellent communication skills
• Languages – Fluent English is Essential, further languages beneficial
• Competent IT skills
• Must have an interest in food / nutrition
• Ability to work under pressure to ensure deadlines are met
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Self-motivated & organised
• Must have an enthusiastic and practical hands-on approach
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Karen Shiel | Tel: +353 (0) 1 5079256